Date:      Fri, 23 Aug 2002 12:52:53 +0300
From:      "Sergei Vasilyev" <freebsd-isp@vasilyev.mk.ua>
To:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ppp multilink slows down when second link goes up

Hi,

I've got two async lines (one dial-up, one leased) with FreeBSD 4.4 on both
sides configured as ppp multilink routers.
Multilink onfiguration is (from /etc/ppp/ppp.conf)
 set mrru 1500
 set mru 1504
 set enddisc MAC
on both computers, and
 clone 1 2
 link deflink remove
on system that initializes connection.

When I dial second link, users complains that their applications (Citrix
ICA, etc) extrimely slows down
and I see from 'show links' command that total bps from two links is smaller
then from one link.

I've expected that two links are more powerful than one.
Any suggestions to improve multi-link bandwith or to find a reason of this
'slow down' are appreciated.