Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2000 18:34:08 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Peter Wemm <peter@FreeBSD.ORG>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: src/include/Makefile,v 1.109 is broken

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000 17:00:58 +0200, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:

> An attached patch seems to fix the problem.

Does anybody actually understand what's really going on in this file?
Everyone uses the words "seems to" and "I think" when they're proposing
fixes in this file.

I propose that we hold out for a fix which is accompanied by comments
that explain what the hell all these oddball variables are used for and
why SHARED is overridden (or used at all in the buildworld case).

Ruslan, if I misunderstood your words, please don't take offense.  It's
just that this'll be the 5th commit in this regard without comment
from Marcel, who was responsible for rewriting most of this Makefile
recently.

Ciao,
Sheldon.