Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 2023 06:23:31 -0400
From:      Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>
To:        Mario Marietto <marietto2008@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Installing openAI's GPT-2 Ada AI Language Model

On Thu, Apr 20, 2023 at 6:14=E2=80=AFAM Mario Marietto <marietto2008@gmail.=
com> wrote:

> I'm interested in installing fastGPT / vicuna on FreeBSD. Is the Ada Lang=
uage model good ? Can you provide the instructions for installing it on Lin=
ux ? I need them to try to install it on FreeBSD.

I have not been able to try it yet because I am still attempting to
get *ANY* model to work in anyway shape or form on FreeBSD.  Do you
have any pointers on this (I don't care what language it is in)....
everything comes to screeching halt when I try to get pytorch to run
(doesn't build on freebsd or on alpine linux, ubuntu, centos, all
don't work on byhve it seems)... then I tried to get tensor flow to
run with no luck... so the question remains how the <bleep> do I get
any ANN model to run?!?!?

> On Thu, Apr 20, 2023 at 1:06=E2=80=AFAM Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman@gm=
ail.com> wrote:

>> I am attempting get the "Ada language model" that is available via
>> their API to run locally (chatGPT says all the packages needed
>> packages will run but as soon I finish installing pytorch it fails to
>> import torch)... this is a on 13.2 VM designed specifically for this
>> purpose and I have deinstalled all non-base system stuff from it.  So
>> what are the right steps?
>>
>> --
>> Aryeh M. Friedman, Lead Developer, http://www.PetiteCloud.org
>>

> --