Date:      Sat, 4 Apr 1998 10:22:07 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
To:        KapuT <malartre@aei.ca>, FreeBSD-Newbies <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: QDOS

On Fri, Apr 03, 1998 at 06:56:38PM -0500, KapuT wrote:
> Hi, dont know if all people know what I have readed one hour ago, but I
> will say to you what I have discovered hihihi :-)
>
> I have readed at the bookstore in the Complete FreeBSD from Greg Lehey
> than DOS was derivated from QDOS

Yep.

There's very recently been a long discussion about this in the
alt.folklore.computers newsgroup. If you're interested in learning a
lot more about the history behind it all, going to

    <URL:http://www.dejanews.com/>;

and searching for

    ~g alt.folklore.computers ~s "DOS is stolen"

(which will, I think, search only in that group for messages with that
subject line) you'll get all the info you could possibly want.

Work: nik@iii.co.uk                       | FreeBSD + Perl + Apache
Rest: nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk    | Remind me again why we need
Play: nik@freebsd.org                     | Microsoft?