Date:      Fri, 4 Aug 2000 00:05:03 +0300
From:      "Barak Enat" <barak_enat@yahoo.com>
To:        "Alan Edmonds" <aedmonds@digitalconvergence.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: sysinstall and compaq smart raid disks (idad)

well, the complete story is:
1. i had 3.4 on the compaq which had the old ida driver (stealing the wd
name).
2. i followed the UPDATING procedure to move to 4.1 - with no problem (just
had to change the fstab to use the new idad device name).
3. later on i added couple of disks and used the ACU to create another
logical drive (idad1)
4. i tried to use /stand/sysinstall to fdisk/disklabel it, but it did not
recognize any of the idad devices, so i went ahead and fixed sysinstall.
maybe the sysinstall under /stand is different from the one on the
installation media??!
have you used sysinstall on your system?