Date:      Mon, 22 Oct 2001 17:20:59 +0200
From:      Aleksander Rozman - Andy <andy@kksonline.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problem intalling the jdk13 port

At 22.10.2001, you wrote:

>Are you using the linux-jdk version 1.3.1 or are you using
>version 1.3.1.01_1.  If not, I would recommend upgrading the linux-jdk to
>that version and try again.  I was able to build the jdk into a package
>flawlessly with the following ports installed:
>
>bzip2-1.0.1
>gtar-1.13.23
>rpm-3.0.6_5
>unzip-5.42
>zip-2.3
>autoconf-2.13_1
>automake-1.4.5_1,1
>gettext-0.10.35
>gmake-3.79.1
>libtool-1.3.4_2
>m4-1.4
>popt-1.5.1
>linux_base-6.1
>javavmwrapper-1.1
>linux-jdk-1.3.1.01_1
>open-motif-devel-2.1.30
>XFree86-3.3.6_10
>
>I was able to build with these ports the patchset version 4 and the new 5.

If you don't use Xfree on your machine (like me), don't forget to install
open-motif-2.1.30 (not devel, normal package).

And it might work better if you build jdk outside of ports... Don't forget
to use gtar instead of tar when unpacking jdk sources...

Andy

*  Aleksander Rozman - Andy  * Fandoms:  E2:EA, SAABer, Trekkie, Earthie *
*     andy@kksonline.com     * Sentinel, BH 90210, True's Trooper,       *
*    andy@atechnet.dhs.org   * Heller's Angel, Questie, Legacy, PO5,     *
* Maribor, Slovenia (Europe) * Profiler, Buffy (Slayerete), Pretender    *
*     PGP key available      *    http://www.atechnet.dhs.org/~andy/     *