Date:      Thu, 20 Jan 2000 23:37:36 GMT
From:      Robert Swindells <rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk>
To:        obrien@nuxi.com
Cc:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sparc Port -- sounds good to me

David O'Brien wrote:
>On Wed, Jan 19, 2000 at 09:58:32PM +0000, Robert Swindells wrote:
>> I already run it on a StrongARM system and was planning on using the same
>> source tree for my SS2.

>I possibly more worth-while thing to do would be to port the StrongARM.
>I have a DNARD on loan to look at the toolchain issues if I get bored.
>IMHO, I think the embedded market would really take to FreeBSD if we ran
>on the StrongARM.

This is why I bought my StrongARM system. The SS2 is being replaced as
a CAD system at work by an NT system, I just didn't want to see it end
up in a dumpster.

I'll admit I haven't done much other than work on the ELF headers to
date, but we are starting on a SA1110/SA1111 product at work & I intend
to run *BSD on it in some form.

Robert