Date:      Sun, 1 Nov 1998 12:10:54 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John W. DeBoskey" <jwd@unx.sas.com>
To:        peter@netplex.com.au (Peter Wemm)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: scsi disk (cam?) problems (inodes & swap?)

Hi,

   I do not use softupdates, and my machine is not smp.

   The build completed to the end of the 'make release', requiring
9 hours. However, I have not verified the contents of the distribution
area.

   Yes, this build process works/worked correctly... I've been running
it for about a year... failures are usually related to bad code... :-)

# ls /pub/FreeBSD
3.0-19981027-SNAP
3.0-19981029-SNAP
3.0-19981030-SNAP
3.0-19981101-SNAP

   I'm more than happy to put some tracing code in, I'm just not
real familiar with where it really needs to go to track these
problems down...

Thanks!
John