Date:      Fri, 17 Dec 1999 17:24:31 +0100
From:      Bart van Leeuwen <bart@ixori.demon.nl>
To:        Paul Herman <pherman@piro.net>
Cc:        Andreas Haakh <ah@haakh.de>, FreeBSD-ISDN@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPP Auth Problems

Paul Herman wrote:

> I have the same "myauthproto" and "hisauthproto" and callin which
> eventually solved another problem a long time ago, but I still got the
> "Authorization Loop" problem.  After all, I've only had this Loop Bug with
> the 0.8x+. 0.71 works fine.  I think it is something else.
>
> I think it may be terminal server specific, and I have seen no problems
> with T-Online users.
>
> A local provider, NetCologne, seems to have the problem, but only
> sometimes with certain connections/terminal servers.  One could say that
> this is a bug with the terminal server, but no one else (Linux, Win95/NT,
> etc.) seems to have trouble with it.  Besides, 0.71 works fine.
>
> -Paul.

Hmm. I have not seen the problem for a few months now... eventho I did
not change a single byte in my config or setup since last time I had the
'auth loop' problem.
My isdn machine still runs a 0.71 version, and I saw something which
looks like this 'auth loop' on 0.70 and 0.71, so I agree with Paul that
it is prolly something else that is not handled very nicely by i4b
maybe, but that is not caused by it.

--
Bart van Leeuwen - bart@ixori.demon.nl - http://www.ixori.demon.nl/