Date:      Wed, 30 Oct 1996 20:59:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      David Botton <dbotton@linux.max5.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SONY DAT DRIVES - NOT SUPPORTED for "UNIX" - BUYER BEWARE !!!

On Wed, 30 Oct 1996, Tony Kimball wrote:

> Quoth Charles Henrich on Wed, 30 October:
> : Because of one bad tech rep you blacklist a company?
>
> No, because of demonstrated enmity for essential principles of human
> cooperation, I will boycott not only Sony DAT drives, but Sony TVs,
> radios, etc.

Only with the collective efforts of the Freeware world will corporations
take our efforts seriously, and that means a response to those who don't
invest enough in educating there personnel to understand the difference
between Shareware and Freeware.

Corporations like Sony stand to gain the most from the efforts of Freeware
to prevent Monolithic Mega Corporations from controlling all facets of our
life not just what software and hardware we may use. Big Brother is
watching and with patience and perseverance, he will control.

BTW, just to give you an idea, there is now a version of Windows called
Windows NC for embedded systems. Expect it in your toaster soon.....

David Botton
President
               M A X  5
  Business and presentation software.