Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 1996 07:36:33 -0600 (CST)
From:      ptroot@uswest.com
To:        jpp@deepthought.sv.vtcom.fr (Jean-Paul POIRET)
Cc:        bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Boot not so easy

In a previous message, Jean-Paul POIRET said:

> F1 ... DOS
> F2 ... BSD
>
> Default : F2
>
> Does somebody know how to get ALWAYS :
>
> Default : F1
>           ==
>
> and NEVER :
>
> Default : F2
>
> Sometimes, my wife or my daughter are using my computer to run winword or
> windows cdroms ... they stop unix machines as msdos machines. Today, my
> poor FreeBSD partition runs sysinstall instead of login :-(.

Well, it makes it a little harder on you, but why don't you just
use the default boot block and use fdisk to switch the active
partition. Just be sure to change it back to DOS when you shut
down FreeBSD.

Paul.

--
Paul T. Root - USWEST !NTERPRISE Networking Service	ptroot@uswest.com

"I have plenty of common sense... I just choose to ignore it!"
                                                 - Calvin & Hobbes