Date:      Sat, 16 Dec 2000 00:23:19 -0200
From:      "Antonio Carlos Pina" <apina@infolink.com.br>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Bridge + Firewall + Dummynet (all Working) + ... routing ????

Hello,

I would like to know if anybody here did tried that before: I have a
Bridge+Firewall+Dummynet box working wonderfully (4.2-Stable) between one of
our networks and a CISCO router (a default gateway) to Internet. We have
chosen the Bridge model because using the transparent bridge we didn't even
change all "default gateway" in all boxes inside our Network.

Is there any way (perhaps using Divert and Natd ?) to implement some basic
static routes in this bridge ? The reason is I nowadays we have many IP
classes and I feel it is a shame that one packet must go through the bridge
to reach the Router, than come back through the bridge again to be delivered
to an Access Server, for instance.

The way I know to achieve that is changing the bridge's IP address and
disabling the bridge code (assigning another IP address to the Router), but
before I go this way, I'm trying to keep just one hop to get out of my
Network ;-)

Best Regards,
Antonio Carlos Pina