Date:      Tue, 4 Nov 2003 22:25:09 +0100 (CET)
From:      Mikolaj Rydzewski <miki@ceti.pl>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Handbook errata?

Hello.

I'm quite new user of FreeBSD system. Currently I'm involved in creating
VPN over IPSec link (FB 4.9). Thanks to great Handbook this taks won't be
impossible to me. But...

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ipsec.html

Point 10.10.3.1 when talking about gif devices first command mentioned is
gifconfig. But it produces following error on my machine:

gifconfig: interface gif0 does not exist

After googling for some time I've found the solution: use 'ifconfig gif0
create' just before. Maybe you should upgrade your Handbook?

Best regards

--
Mikolaj Rydzewski      <miki@ceti.pl>        http://ceti.pl/~miki/
                    PGP KeyID: e17c4bd5