Date:      Wed, 1 Apr 1998 10:06:30 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Matthias.Apitz@SOFTCON.de (Matthias Apitz)
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams), freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3c589D and pccard support in FreeBSD 2.2.5

>     It's probably not a mis-configured IRQ then.
>
> Not sure -- see below.

> ... For every pkg
> the routine if->watchdog gets called for a missing interupt.

So, the interrupt routine isn't getting called.  This is definitely a
sign.  Can you see if the interrupt routine is called at all?

> So the problem isn't in user-land (e.g. routing or ARP or DNS),
> it's in kernel-land. Is there someone who is "in charge" for
> that driver code or someone who can offer the internal programmers
> manual for that card (3C589D)? Thx.

I don't have one, but I can tell with certain assurance that the
driver/software works on dozens of laptops, if not hundreds right now.

I'd like into the interrupt generation code in the PCIC controller.  I'm
about 99.9% sure it's not and issue with if_ep.c, but probably in
/sys/pccard.  Somehow your controller is not getting correctly
programmed to generate interrupts for the card, hence the reason you're
not getting them.

(This is assuming you're using the PCCARD code.)

Nate