Date:      Tue, 21 May 96 01:32:57 +0100
From:      Jean-Marc Zucconi <jmz@cabri.obs-besancon.fr>
To:        coredump@nervosa.com
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, dyson@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VM changes

 > Well, so far the VM changes are working fine for me, I don't notice any
 > apparent performance differences while forking, if I did it would most
 > likely be psychological, but these changes are going along quite stable
 > as opposed to last time :-)

You are lucky :-) My machine crashed after an uptime of only one
hour. It was not very loaded (make world in a xterm, a compilation in
another and emacs) The pointer disapeared and the machine
freezed. I had to hit the reset button.
I was not able to make it to crash again though. I restarted the make
world and a few compiles, watching my xconsole, but everything
completed fine.
It is possible that a small bug remains (unless the crash was caused
by a cosmic ray :-))

Jean-Marc
 Jean-Marc Zucconi       Observatoire de Besancon       F 25010 Besancon cedex
                   PGP Key: finger jmz@cabri.obs-besancon.fr