Date:      Thu, 10 Dec 1998 09:23:03 +0100 (MET)
From:      domreg <root@internet.dk>
To:        Paul Stewart <pstewart@kawartha.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: procmail setup file

On Mon, 7 Dec 1998, Paul Stewart wrote:

> Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 10:54:01 -0500 (EST)
> From: Paul Stewart <pstewart@kawartha.com>
> To: freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: procmail setup file
>
> Hi there...
>
> What has happened is during a merger of two different servers there was a
> duplicate account name that showed up and ironically both the people who
> had the same email address at the two different domains are competitors in
> the real estate industry.  So, we're forcing them to take up two different
> email addresses on the new server and we want the "combined" address to
> filter out to the right user.

Look into virtusertable. You can see it as an alias-table with domains.

sales@one.domain	user1
sales@another.domain	user2

This way you can separate the concept of usernames and email-adresses.
Give all users a numbered username, and put emailadresses in alias or
virtusertable

It's much more clean than procmail.

Leif