Date:      Mon, 11 Jun 2001 02:24:04 +0200
From:      Munish Chopra <chopra@runbox.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Stable <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Improvements for FreeBSD v4.3.1-Release?

On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 12:07:25PM +1200, Juha Saarinen wrote:
> > Since XFS is GPL'd, inclusion with the FreeBSD kernel seems problematic,
> > however.
>
> They might be open to changing the license... worth asking, perhaps.

Highly doubt that. SGI is dumping IRIX for Linux, and pretty much
putting it's cards down on it. Last time I checked they were doing quite
a bit of Linux development besides the XFS stuff. I'm not sure how smart
it would be for them to change license, or to focus on anything but
Linux anyway (unless they're suddenly finding Linux too hard to get
through to). There has been some talk of them ticking off linux-dev...

--
-Munish