Date:               Wed, 23 Aug 1995 09:08:01 +0000
From:      "David Taylor" <davidt@pop.iquest.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:         ODBC Support on Free BSD

            I just ( finally ) got FreeBSD up and running.  I love it!!!
      The problem has been one of hardware allocation, not problems
      with FreeBSD, by the way.
           Anyway, I am a full-time Systems developer and part-time consultant
      on the side, developing on MicroSofty Windows / NT in C/C++.  Part of
      my full-time work includes accessing an MS SQL Server.

ODBC Support on FreeBSD has actually 3 parts :
1) Currently anyone working on such a package ?
2) If so, Where can I get info / involved.
3) If not, I would be interested in investigating it myself.  Where
is there a good place or is it even possible to get the specification
for ODBC's Protocol over the net.

I believe that ODBC suppot would provide a window to adding a whole
new demention into uses of FreeBSD as a Server / Systems Engine for
intense processing that usually then requires a database.  Since most
business require a comercial database, and ODBC is being supported by
a number of databases, I believe this makes since to pursue.

David Taylor
Multi-Tech Computing
Indianapolis, IN

John 10:10
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;
I have come that they may have life,
and have it to the full.

John 10:11  "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd
lays down his life for the sheep.

David Taylor
davidt@iquest.com
Multi-Tech Computing