Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 2000 12:25:56 +0200
From:      Udo Schweigert <ust@cert.siemens.de>
To:        Max Khon <fjoe@iclub.nsu.ru>
Cc:        Stone <war-zone@uk2.net>, "Vadim V. Chepkov" <vvc@kharkiv.net>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: lptcontrol - still broken

On Thu, Jul 13, 2000 at 16:53:35 +0700, Max Khon wrote:
> hi, there!
>
> On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Stone wrote:
>
> > I`m not sure if this has been fixed now, I did a quick fix by changing the
> > path of
> > the header file to the full path and it compiled succesfully.
> >
> > I`m not sure if this is the correct way of doing this as I am not very
> > proficient in
> > C or familiar with freebsd internals. Howerver the buildworld process worked
> > flawlessly after i made the change.
>
> the correct way is to fix etc/BSD.include.dist
> the fix has already been committed:

No. It does not fix all problems.

The make buildworld fails, because it does not find include/dev/ppbus in it`s
build-include path, which should contain something like this:
	/usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/include/dev/ppbus

The fix in etc/mtree/BSD.include.dist ensures that the include files can be
installed in the installworld part. The fix to include/Makefile which I
posted recently ensures the include files are readable in stage4 of buildworld.

Regards.
--
Udo Schweigert, Siemens AG   | Voice      : +49 89 636 42170
ZT IK 3, Siemens CERT        | Fax        : +49 89 636 41166