Date:      Thu, 3 May 2001 14:03:58 +1000
From:      "Tim Kent" <tim@rendrag.net>
To:        <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Kernel messages

I don't know if this is the right list to talk about this, but I have kernel
messages like the following:

Connection attempt to UDP 203.102.84.24:137 from 163.32.8.161:137

This message, is of course enabled with "net.inet.udp.log_in_vain"

The thing I find odd about this is that UDP is connectionless, yet the
FreeBSD kernel clearly pumps out the message "Connection attempt to UDP.."

Should this message be changed to something more appropriate?

Tim.