Date:      Fri, 25 Jan 2019 20:35:25 +0100
From:      Robert Clausecker <fuz@fuz.su>
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Importing mksh in base

On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 09:12:58AM -0800, Cy Schubert wrote:
> Why not ksh93 instead? It is the original and authoritative Korn
> shell. EPL is compatible with the BSD license. Personally, I've been
> toying with the idea of importing ksh93 for a while now.

Note that ksh93 comes with a builtin user land from AT&T which should
behave quite a bit differently from the FreeBSD userland.  So unless we
want to maintain two slightly different userlands (one of which needs to
be maintained in conflict with upstream), that has to be torn out, which
kills one of the performance advantages of ksh93.

Yours,
Robert Clausecker

--
()  ascii ribbon campaign - for an 8-bit clean world
/\  - against html email  - against proprietary attachments