Date:      Sun, 25 Aug 2002 13:07:59 -0700
From:      David O'Brien <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@attbi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question about device.hints man page

On Sun, Aug 25, 2002 at 12:54:01PM -0400, Craig Rodrigues wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 25, 2002 at 05:49:38PM +0200, Jan Stocker wrote:
> >
> > >      The following example disables the ACPI driver
> > >            hint.acpi.0.disable="1"
> >
> > My man page doest have this example (but is is some days older), but a
> > look to
> >
> > Twoflower# grep "disable" /sys/i386/conf/GENERIC.hints
> >
> > hint.apm.0.disabled="1"
> > hint.pcic.1.disabled="1"
> > hint.sio.2.disabled="1"
> > hint.sio.3.disabled="1"
> >
> > shows that the description is right and the example wrong...

How about being more careful with your submissions and actually test
things before submitting them?  Either testing this setting or reading
the code would have shown you it was correct.  (don't forget code is
always more accurate than documenation)

ACPI != apm or pcic or sio.  The hints in GENERIC.hints are tested.  The
commit in the manpage about the spelling always being 'disabled' is
wrong.