Date:      Mon, 1 Feb 2010 20:46:02 -0800
From:      "Li, Qing" <qing.li@bluecoat.com>
To:        "Kenneth Hilmersson" <kenneth@ubh.homeip.net>, <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Strange network issue in freebsd 8

Just an update on this issue and to letting you know your
report is not ignored.

I have been working with Sherin George offline and we have
Been pulling information off Sherin's server box.

The box becomes unresponsive after about 4 days. The routing
table is fine is properly accessed. The ARP table is properly accessed.=20
Through packet capture, the packets seem to flow into the driver but
appear=20
to be stuck somewhere after the driver handoff. The device stats do not
show=20
any link related errors. The device is "em".

Initially I was suspecting the flow-table module, but after disabling
the flow-table lookup and various experiments, the problem points to L2
(after ether_output).

According to Sherin, the box will regain network connectivity after
some time.

At this point I am thinking about creating a special debug build and=20
run it in Sherin's environment.

-- Qing