Date:      Mon, 14 Apr 1997 21:02:10 +1000 (EST)
From:      "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@panda.hilink.com.au>
To:        Richard Gresek <rg@plusline.de>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: terminal server with PPP & TACACS or Radius

On Mon, 14 Apr 1997, Richard Gresek wrote:

> Is it possible to authenticate users with an TACACS Server?
>
> We are running 3 ´remote´ ISPs with FreeBSD as terminal servers. I´d like
> to have to manage only one central database for all users in all of these
> locations. How should the system be set up to use TACACS or Radius for
> incoming PPP connections?

Find me the source code for a tacacs or radius client, and I'll integrate
it into pppd.  Note that I need the *client*.  I have a radius server
running under FreeBSD myself, but I don't seem to have the client
software.  If you can find it, I'll be pleased.  I'm not saying it is
hard; I just have not looked hard.  Try ftp.livingston.com or ftp.merit.edu.

cheers,

Danny