Date:      Sat, 18 Nov 2000 17:11:01 +0200 (WET)
From:      Evren Yurtesen <eyurtese@turkuamk.fi>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   limiting user activitiy via MAC addresses

Is it possible to limit users connectivity via MAC
address?

I have a freebsd gateway and I want some users in
my LAN to be able to connect to internet and some
of them to not to. I looked over ipfw but it is
very easy to change your IP address from Windows
and get another IP which is not restricted which
belongs to the users who should be able to connect
to internet. So it seems that using IP addresses to
limit connectivity would be quite inefficent but
the MAC address would be fine.

Or any other better suggestions? probably some kind
of authentication?

Evren