Date:      Mon, 27 Jan 2003 20:02:17 -0600
From:      Juan E Navarro <jnavarro@cs.rice.edu>
To:        "freebsd-ia64@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-ia64@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Problems with fxp driver

Hi.

I'm struggling to get FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE running on an HP i2000 box,
but the fxp NIC driver doesn't seem to be working properly.

Initialization goes fine:
fxp0: <Intel Pro 10/100B/100+ Ethernet> port 0x1000-0x103f mem
0xfdf00000-0xfdffffff,0xfddef000-0xfddeffff irq 44 at device 5.0 on pci0
fxp0: Ethernet address 00:d0:b7:f9:f7:e2

And "ifconfig fxp0 inet <ip-number>" also reports no errors. The driver
even reliably detects whether the network is active or there is no
carrier.

So far, so good... but that's it. I can't ping anyone in the local net,
and noone sees me. I'm alone, isolated and depressed!

I ruled out hardware problems as the network works fine if I boot
Windows XP. I also tried another i8255x card, with same results.

My questions are:

Has anyone experienced this problem in an Itanium box?

Any workaround?

Will I be better off with a different NIC?

Thanks.

--
++*Juan--