Date:      Wed, 07 Mar 2001 15:56:35 -0800
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>, Kal Torak <kaltorak@quake.com.au>, FreeBSD-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Security Level in Sysinstall

Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org> writes:
> On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 05:41:50PM -0600, Mike Meyer wrote:
> > Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org> types:
> > > I've submitted a PR (25537) to get something like that added to
> > > sysinstall's help system (pressing "F1"), but noone's looked at it yet
> > > :-/.  It answers this question and possibly many others that have come
> > > up in the last few weeks.
> >
> > I was thinking about bundling it up as a FAQ entry - would that still
> > be useful? Do we want a place unconnected with the code documenting it?
>
> Certainly can't hurt for post-install reference.  Jordan was also
> talking about documenting it in sysinstall.

Sysinstall seems like the logical place for it.  It's much easier to
push "F1" than to go searching through the FAQ for it.  Also, remember
that some people don't have more than one computer, and thus can't
access the web-based documentation while they're in sysinstall;
they've probably printed the installation instructions from the
handbook, but how many people print the entire FAQ (it's over 10000
lines in SGML; I imagine it's at least half of that rendered) before
they proceed to install FreeBSD?

That said, an FAQ entry still can't hurt.  I don't know if it should
use the same text as the sysinstall help (if that goes in).  Mike, do
you want to do it, or should I (if you do, at least look at the PR for
ideas of what to put there).

					Dima Dorfman
					dima@unixfreak.org