Date:      Thu, 07 May 1998 22:49:21 -0400
From:      Mike <v_due@mindspring.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   modem setup?

Hello, and thanks for your time. I have been looking through the
handbook,
the FAQ, and the book 'The Complete FreeBSD', and I just cannot find any
documentation relevant to setting up a modem to work under FreeBSD.

All of the docs I have located so far tell you how to configure the
kernel
for the serial port (done, checks out ok), and how to make the device
with
./MAKEDEV (done, cuaa1 for com2). OK so far, but danged if I can get the
port to work.

When I try to run seyon, it complains the port is not configured, and
then
dies. I cannot send commands to the port either.

In short, I am lost as to how to configure the port. If the port is
configured
in the kernel (and 'dmesg | grep sio' returns values that work with
linux and
os2), and /dev/cuaa1 exist, what have I neglected to do?

Thanks,
mike