Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2023 11:42:41 +0100
From:      Ralf Weber <freebsd@fl1ger.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPv6 not working on linux compatibilty layer

Moin!

After upgrading to 14 I wanted to check the linux compatiblity layer as o=
ne appliation I use is only available as a linux binary to me. So I follo=
wed all the steps described in the Handbook for Ubunutu 20.04 and can do =
normal Ubuntu stuff there now (e.g apt updrade), but IPv6 does not seem t=
o work at all, as any usage of it throws an error:

root@bto:/# ping6 2001:4860:4860::8888
ping6: IPV6_RECVERR: Protocol not available

the other strange thing is that in the linux chroot environemnt I can see=
 the IPv6 addresses when using
	ip addr list
however I can not seem them when using
	ifconfig

Am I=E2=80=99m missing some configurations? Any help appreciated.

So long
-Ralf
---
Ralf Weber