Date:      Wed, 25 Jan 2006 10:36:35 -0700 (MST)
From:      Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        hselasky@c2i.net
Cc:        LoN_Kamikaze@gmx.de, freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PCMCIA USB card problems

> On Monday 23 January 2006 11:49, [LoN]Kamikaze wrote:
> > I've got an 4 Port PCMCIA connector with a VIA chipset.
> > The manual claims it's an OHCI/EHCI device, but FreeBSD identifies it as
> > an VIA 83C572 UHCI device. After the identification there is a
> > nonesaying errormessage and the system crashs.
> >
> > Compiling the kernel without UHCI I get the following output when I put
> > the card into the slot:
> >
> > cardbus0: Expecting link target, got 0xff
> > cardbus0: Resource not specified in CIS: id=14, size=100
> > cardbus0: Resource not specified in CIS: id=20, size=20
> > cardbus0: <serial bus, USB> at device 0.0 (no driver attached)
> > cardbus0: Expecting link target, got 0xff
> > cardbus0: Resource not specified in CIS: id=14, size=100
> > cardbus0: Resource not specified in CIS: id=20, size=20
> > cardbus0: <serial bus, USB> at device 0.1 (no driver attached)
> > cardbus0: Expecting link target, got 0xff
> > cardbus0: Resource not specified in CIS: id=10, size=100
> > cardbus0: Resource not specified in CIS: id=14, size=100
> > ehci1: <VIA VT6202 USB 2.0 controller> mem
> > 0xc0208000-0xc02080ff,0xc0209000-0xc02090ff irq 11 at device 0.2 on
> > cardbus0 ehci1: [GIANT-LOCKED]
> > usb1: EHCI version 1.0
> > usb1: wrong number of companions (2 != 0)
>
>  ^^ this check should just be dropped from the code
>
> You can lookup the code in "/sys/dev/usb/ehci.c" and make it not return an
> error when the number of companions mismatch.

since I had exactly this error before my changes to the resource
allocation stuff, but not after, I don't think that such a change
would make things work.  There's a number of diffrent bacnks of
resources for these cards, and due to the resource allocation issues,
they are getting cross threaded.

Warner