Date:      Mon, 4 Apr 2011 12:31:16 +0400
From:      Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Alexander Motin <mav@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        lev@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Advanced disk format at WD20EARS: what should "camcontrol identify" show?

Hello, Alexander.
You wrote 4 =E0=EF=F0=E5=EB=FF 2011 =E3., 11:48:44:

> At least first 4K WD disks had a jumper to add offset of 63 sectors.
> Make sure that you don't have one set.
  No jumpers are set at all. I think, This dramatic is result of
"read-seek back-write" cycle, which works so bad on slow Green HDDS :(

  Really, I'm very disappointed -- in almost any "syntetic" tests
these green HDDs are FASTER than old Blue ones, but in this real-life
situation it is 7 times slower :(

--=20
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>