Date:      Mon, 3 Jul 1995 23:12:35 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      jan@todonix.ping.de (Jan Wedekind)
To:        bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   SNAP-0622 & fdformat: I/O-error

Hi,

eventually we made a mistake, because wie
just updated the kernel sources (/usr/src/sys & /usr/src/include)
but not the binaries!

At the moment it's not possible for me to check, wether the following
error occurs with 2.0.5R:

bash# ./fdformat  -f 1440 fd0
Format 1440K floppy `/dev/rfd0.1440'? (y/n): y
Processing ----------------------------------------
fdformat: ioctl(FD_FORM): Input/output error
bash#

Thanks for any comment,

Jan

PS: we just updated the kernel for checking wether the
    'page not present' error in conjunction with uucico,
    which i've reported a few days ago, still occurs!
    it did once now :-(

BTW: doesn't matter with or without recompiling fdformat!

kernel messages as follows:

fd0: Seek to cyl 0, but not really there (ST3 = 28<drdy,two_side>)
fd0: recal failed ST0 70<abnrml,seek_cmplt,equ_chck> cyl 0
fd0: recal failed ST0 70<abnrml,seek_cmplt,equ_chck> cyl 0
fd0: recal failed ST0 70<abnrml,seek_cmplt,equ_chck> cyl 0
fd0: recal failed ST0 70<abnrml,seek_cmplt,equ_chck> cyl 0
fd0c: hard error reading fsbn 0 (No status)

--
PING e.V.		Jan Wedekind (Kassenwart)	jan@ping.de
Emil-Figge-Str. 85	Lindemannstr. 12		kasse@ping.de