Date:      Tue, 13 Jun 2000 06:51:22 -0700
From:      chip <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu>, dannyh@idx.com.au, Freebsd Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Installed a port now I can't get it to run

First, I found where the port put it -
/usr/ports/graphics/gimp1/work/gimp-1.1.17/app/
What's up with that? I just ran 'make' in the gimp1 directory.
Anyway, it won't run correctly because of this.
I tried the hash and rehash commands but they don't work. I use csh when
logged on as a user
and bash when I go to su. I looked in  indexes of The  Complete FreeBSD
(not mentioned), UNIX
Secrets (briefly explained but not how to use it), Introducing the
UNIX System, User Guide to the
UNIX System, UNIX Primer Plus (not mentioned in any of those 3), UNIX for
Dummies (explained
but it doesn't work for me) and several Linux books (not mentioned). Even
the man page was
of little help.
Just how do I use it? I found where it is installed by using locate gimp.
Maybe I need to run make install now, not just leave it after running make?

--
Chip
www.wiegand.org