Date:      Tue, 14 Sep 2004 03:52:20 +0000
From:      "hide110" <hide110@us-it.net>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Setting up Internet

Sorry for the silly question, maybe I just haven't really been reading up
enough, but I have never really delved much into networks.  Here's my current
setup, all my systems are connected to a small home office router which is in
turn connected to a cable modem.  With my Windows machines I just plug a cat5
into an empty slot and it's automatically assigned an IP.  Some are setup as
static based on MAC and some not; regardless whenever it's plugged in it will
autodetect.

During the FreeBSD installation it does not seem to pull any information down
when I choose DHCP, I foolishly did not enter in the required fields, & just
went on to setup XWindows.  Where do I modify my network settings?  What
command would I use?  Can anyone point me in the right direction for getting
my internet setup?