Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 1996 21:52:25 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        Mr Operating System <freebsd@shadows.aeon.net>
Cc:        khetan@iafrica.com, shanee@rabbit.augusta.de, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: compile time

On Mon, 12 Aug 1996, Mr Operating System wrote:

> i thought i'd share, since people have posted here weird times...
>
> machine: p133 with async 256Kb cache (later today 512Kb pipeline),
> 24Mb ram at the moment, 2x 72Mb swap, two eide 1.28 quantum fireballs,
> intel endeavor motherboard... the saturday's -current compiled without
> any errors, oh, i did have -DNOGAMES and even that i have it i have to
> manually edit share/doc/usd/Makefile (i need to comment both 30.rogue
> and 31.trek out to be able to compile it...)
>
> Sun Aug 11 01:55:01 EET DST 1996     make world starts
> Sun Aug 11 06:06:27 EET DST 1996     make world ended
>
> and that includes compiling tcl

sync burst cache numbers would be interesting in comparison to async
cache ... Otherwise it seems, that my very loud 7200 U/min Quantum
Grand Prix SCSI disk && AHA 2940 && sync burst cache men seems to
speed up things in comparison to your numbers ... Although we are
not exactly comparable, since you installed profiled libs, do you ?!

--
andreas@klemm.gtn.com         /\/\___      Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH
   Andreas Klemm          ___/\/\/         Support Unix -- andreas.klemm@wup.de