Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 2000 14:07:57 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
To:        Linh Pham <lplist@q.closedsrc.org>
Cc:        leegold <goldtech@worldpost.com>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: new books, changing my pt. of view

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, Linh Pham wrote:

> I agree that Windows is easier to learn from the standpoint of a newbie
> and Joe Coworker and there isn't anything wrong with that.

I can only compare it with win 98 se. Well, the trivial things might be
easier with win, but everything a little bit more complicated than
clicking on a setup.exe is far more complicated on Win IMHO. All this
stuff in the unreadable registies, win.ini isnt understandable, where is
man win.ini ? And PPP, what a mess ;-)

I wish there were a handbook and a faq like the things in /usr/share/doc.
Maybe this would make win more usable.

But my view might be different if win would work better on my hardware.
No chance to find out, why it doesnt boot the way it should, I allways
have to boot twice, the first time I have to reset, it hangs, the second
time I have to be quick not to miss this menu where I have to choose
"normal", or I must boot 4 times ;-)

There are very few reasons to boot win, midi and premiere, maybe sometimes
MS Word because wordperfect doesnt understand the newest *.docs..

H.