Date:      Sun, 9 Dec 2018 14:52:03 -0800
From:      Michael Sierchio <kudzu@tenebras.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Change IPFW default to allow

On Sun, Dec 9, 2018 at 10:58 AM Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com> wrote:

> Michael Sierchio wrote:
> > sysctl net.inet.ip.fw.default_to_accept=3D1
> >
> > On Sun, Dec 9, 2018 at 10:08 AM Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Is there a sysctl nib to reset the ipfw default from deny all to allow
> >> all? Some thing that works without rebooting the system.
>

>   sysctl net.inet.ip.fw.default_to_accept=3D1 doesn't work.
> unknown oid
>
> I believe that has to go in loader.conf and reboot the system to enable.

Yes, it is a read-only tunable.

*65>* sudo sysctl net.inet.ip.fw.default_to_accept=3D0

sysctl: oid 'net.inet.ip.fw.default_to_accept' is a read only tunable
sysctl: Tunable values are set in /boot/loader.conf

--=20
"Well," Brahma said, "even after ten thousand explanations, a fool is no
wiser, but an intelligent person requires only two thousand five hundred."

- The Mah=C4=81bh=C4=81rata