Date:      Thu, 01 May 1997 09:50:33 +0000
From:      Kachun Lee <kachun@zippo.com>
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kmem_map full with 2.2beta to 2.2-releng-970422

At 11:14 PM 4/30/97 -0700, you wrote:
>> [snip]
>
>   That panic is not related to the mbuf clusters problem. The kmem_map full
>panic indicates that the kernel has run out of malloc space. The standard
>default size is 32MB. You can increase it by changing VM_KMEM_SIZE in
>i386/include/vmparam.h.
>
>-DG
>
>David Greenman
>Core-team/Principal Architect, The FreeBSD Project

Thank you! That's exactly what the patient needed.

While I got your attention, the kmem_map full was happening at our NFS
clients, and our NFS servers have quite a lot of these:

  /kernel: nfsd send error 55

They does not seem cause any ill effect. I assume 55=ENOBUFS No buffer space
available. But I thought with the unified VM/Buffer, there are no MAXBUFFER
setting any more. Do you know what parameter I should adjust?

Thank you again.