Date:      Fri, 5 Mar 2010 12:14:15 +0700
From:      Pongthep Kulkrisada <ptkrisada@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Flash viewer for FBSD

Hi all,

I have been using FBSD since 5.4 until now 8.0.
Mostly, I use it as a server and coding C (as my hobby).
All the time I stay in console without fancy of any GUI.
For GUI applications, I mostly use Windows.

Now I want to use only FBSD for web browsing and don't want to use Windows.
I installed FBSD 7.1 with KDE 3.5 from CD.
Then I csup(ed) and buildworld to FBSD 7.2 and then finally FBSD 8.0
while remaining KDE unchanged.
I use opera-10.10 for web browsing.

The problem is that ``flash viewer'' is not installed.
Shockwave/Adobe/Macromedia flash viewers are not shipped with FBSD CD.
It looks very bad for browsing web without flash viewer.
I tried installing from ports.
- opera-linuxplugins-10.10.xxxx
- linux-f10-flashplugin-10.0
- f4l-0.2.1.4 (I guess it stands for ``flash for linux''.)
But they do not fix the problem.
Anyone who can fix this problem please point me out.

Thanks,
Pongthep