Date:      Thu, 4 Mar 1999 07:39:43 -0500
From:      "RT" <tr49986@rcc.on.ca>
To:        <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   NFS Troubles Continued...

Yesterday being daring I installed SoftUpdates.  Works great locally, but
now I find that my NFS problems occur more often.  I've also removed the
ne2000 cards from my system (as someone told me they may be causing network
traffic problems).  The 3coms remain in the server.

On the client machine.  I tried to compile a program (which consistently
locks up in the configure program when locating the X headers).  After this
locked up, I then attempted to copy files from the same NFS mount to another
place on that mount.

Pid    UserName   Pri  Nice   Size  Res   State   Time  Wcpu   cpu
Command
1073 dark              -2    0        844k  468k getblk  0:00   0.00% 0.00%
imake
128   dark               2    0        208k  80k sbwait  0:00   0.00% 0.00%
nfsiod
1097 dark              -5    0        308k  136k nfsfsy  0:00   0.00% 0.00%
cp

Please note, I have 6 nfsiod sessions going (started with the appropriate
flags).   The others weren't doing anything interesting.

The NFS mount is still readable, it is not writable.   This occurrence did
not make a .nfs###### file on server or client.  If someone (appropriate)
wants to test this out themselves, I can give root access on both the server
and a client machine (via ssh shell).

Problem occurred with 3.0-release, 3-stable, and 4-current (tested up to
last weekends image).