Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 1998 02:08:25 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Press Relations

> I need some projects for my "Professional Writing" major, specifically news
> releases for an organization to show to my professor this semester.

Read the back of a magazine like Unix Review or PC Week or something
and see the "new products" section.  You know, the place where they
publish those little announcements which go something like this:

"Yoyonetics Systems, a world leader in the fast-growing field of
Applied Software Lethality, is pleased to announce their new release
of Euthanix 5.0 - the latest and only operating system capable of
killing interactive users via Yoyonetics' patented "VCCO"
(Visually-Coupled Cerebral Overload) technology.  Euthanix 5.0 offers
a number of significant improvements over previous releases and is now
Fully Internet Ready(tm) with support for both point-to-point and
broadcast VCCO with TCP/IP encapsulation.  Cancellation of unwanted
NEWS and EMAIL articles has also never been simpler with 5.0's
powerful new "Track, Find and VCCO" feature - neither relays nor
forged headers can defeat the feature which Soldier of Fortune
Magazine rated as "Unstoppable!  A relentless, remorseless automaton
of death!  4 stars!"  in their August 1997 issue.  For more
information, please see http://www.yononetics.com or write ..."

Well, if you could make one for FreeBSD (the 2.2.6 release being be a
good event to announce), that would be just SPIFFY.  If your efforts
in generating some decent copy were also successful, we could send it
to a number of magazines in addition to your professor and your warm
fuzzies would be multiplied. :-)

					Jordan