Date:      Thu, 12 Apr 2001 13:13:08 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make release broken with too many ports/distfiles...

Tim Zingelman <zingelman@fnal.gov> wrote:
 > So the quick answer is figure out what subset of distfiles I need, put
 > them someplace other than /usr/ports/distfiles & set DOCDISTFILES.

You could, of course, set up a simple FTP server on
localhost, and let ``make release'' fetch the distfiles
that it needs itself.  That's what I do, kind of.  ;-)
So I never have to think about what distfiles it needs.

(Requires a small hack to the release Makefile so that
there's an appropriate setting for the MASTER_SITE in
the chroot's make.conf.)

Regards
   Oliver