Date:      Thu, 22 Jul 2004 03:59:37 -0700
From:      Vonleigh Simmons <nospam@illusionart.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   /var running out of space

	Today in my Daily Output I noticed that my /var partition is running
out of space. The partition is only 250MB and /var/mail is the biggest
hog with about 170MB.

	I think that this /var is way too small, considering that 20 mail
users with 10MB of email each, would be 200MB and could easily saturate
it.

	I'm wondering what would be the best way of going about this. My
initial thought was to just link /var/mail to /home/mail and that way
let it grow however it needs to. However, maybe setting /var/mail to
it's own partition might be advantageous, although I don't know if this
requires reformatting the whole HD.

	I don't have access to the server (I'm renting it in a facility), so
reformatting is not an option, it's also on a mirrored RAID if that
changes anything.

	Thanks in advance for your help.

Vonleigh Simmons
<http://illusionart.com/>;