Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 2000 15:26:24 +0100
From:      j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>
Cc:        R Joseph Wright <rjoseph@mammalia.org>, mike@adept.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Color ls

On Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 07:18:20AM -0700, Chad R. Larson wrote:
> So, I'm on this 2.2.8-STABLE machine, running the xterm that came
> with it.  I telnet to a 3.4 machine, type "echo $TERM" and get
> "xterms".  I type "colorls -G" and get colors.  What's all the fuss
> about?

Going out on a limb here....
IIUC, i believe some older machines (solaris?) do not have termcaps that
allow color xterms thru telnet connections.  Or something like that.  So
your setup works fine, but if you telnet to a SOlaris box, it might not work
is Solaris doesn't have a termcap for 'xterms' or 'xterm-color'.  I should
add this is the default config, right?  It can be changed, of course.