Date:      Thu, 19 Sep 2002 09:20:30 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: More lint work for share/mk/ (review, please)

Mark Murray wrote:
> I've been running the attached patches for a while now, and they
> allow me to complete make worlds with a commercial lint, a ports
> lint and freebsd "base" lint.

[ ... ]

> Comments (remembering this is a no-bikeshed zone!) ?? :-)

[ Comments on flexelint's poor understanding of compiler semantics,
  including varradic macros, and the value of LINT vs. logic errors,
  and the silly lengths to which one may go to make LINT happy and
  mask problems instead of fixing them, and how code which compiles
  cleanly is not the same thing as code which works ... elided to
  avoid bikeshedding ]

-- Terry