Date:      Sun, 16 Jul 2000 11:10:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/19894: confusingly-named punctuation in style(9)

The following reply was made to PR docs/19894; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ben Smithurst <ben@FreeBSD.org>
To: Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 18:48:38 +0100

 Sheldon Hearn wrote:

 >> -Usage statements should look like the manual pages synopsis.  Options w/o
 >> +Usage statements should look like the manual pages synopsis.  Options without
 >
 > Break that sentence off onto its own new line. :-)

 Doh!

 <excuse quality=weak> I was trying to change as few lines as possible to
 make the diff easier to read... </excuse>

 > Options without operands come first, in alphabetical order
 > inside a single set of brackets,
 > followed by options with operands, in alphabetical order,
 > each in brackets,
 > followed by required arguments in the order they are specified,
 > not in brackets,
 > followed by optional arguments in the order they are specified,
 > in brackets.

 That's one long sentence. :-(

 > I think it might be better to do this as a bullet list.

 I guess that's an excuse for me to learn how to do bullet lists in mdoc.
 :-) mdoc.samples should explain all, I hope...

 --
 Ben Smithurst                 / ben@FreeBSD.org / PGP: 0x99392F7D
 FreeBSD Documentation Project /