Date:      Fri, 26 Nov 1999 16:24:54 +1100
From:      Scott Donovan <scott@tassie.net.au>
To:        "Viren R. Shah" <viren@rstcorp.com>, freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Seagate Backup Exec for Linux?

>Has anyone gotten the "Seagate Backup Exec Agent" for Linux working on
>a -stable system? We are curently trying to get this to run, and it
>show top-lvel directories (for directories exported using its
>protocol) but mostly won't show any sub-directories.
>
>FreeBSD hal 3.2-STABLE FreeBSD 3.2-STABLE #0: Thu Jul 29 13:27:38 EDT
>1999     root@dave:/usr/src/sys/compile/HAL2  i386

Yep We have it working on of all things 3.2-Release, doesn't seem to behave
on 3.3-Release though. Unfortunantely we didn;t do anything amazing, just
hacked the install script to think it was linux, branded the binary as a
Linux Binary and off it went. (Version 7.3 BTW)

Perhaps something changed between 3.2-release and 3.2-stable in the emulation ?

Ps. it has to be one of the best enterprise scale freebsd solutions we have
found.