Date:      Tue, 6 Dec 2005 10:56:32 -0000
From:      "Gestur A. Grjetarsson" <gestur@ec.is>
To:        <freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FW: problems booting FreeBSD 6.0 on IBM Blade Center H40

Hi
=20
I have this new IBM Blade Center, which I would like to run FreeBSD on =
with boot from SAN, when trying to boot I get problems and can't see any =
disks from the SAN.
=20
the configuration I have is a=20
=20
IBM Blade Center H40
DS400 diskbox with dual controller but only single connection
Qlogic 2312 dual FC controller=20
=20
I have problem with the ISP driver:=20
=20
I tried to boot from the FreeBSD 6.0-Release cd but it always fails with =
the error can't load kernel and I can't see the cdrom to boot from after =
the boot loader has started.
=20
So I downloaded the boot floppies and tried to boot the blade using the =
floppies but it won't show me any drivers after a long waiting period =
while the isp driver hangs for awile in the boot process.
=20
I compiled a custom kernel and made new boot kern floppies to boot from, =
and now I'm stuck with this error in the boot process:
=20
isp0: bad execution throttle of 0- using 16
isp0: bad hard address 125- resetting to zero
=20
=20
=20
=20
after reading all i've gathered on this subject and googl'd on it, I put =
ispfw_load=3D"YES" line in the loader.conf ,, but without result
=20
=20
=20
Can anyone point me out on how to solve this problem, I really need this =
to work !?!?
please help!
=20
kve=F0ja/regards