Date:      Thu, 23 Sep 2010 11:28:39 -0700
From:      Chip Camden <sterling@camdensoftware.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GUI Suggested?

--f+W+jCU1fRNres8c

Quoth Neal Hogan on Thursday, 23 September 2010:
> On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 10:20 AM, Chip Camden
> <sterling@camdensoftware.com> wrote:
> > Quoth Jorge Biquez on Wednesday, 22 September 2010:
> >> Hello all.
> >>
> >> In all these years I have been working with FreeBSd under
> >> terminal/shell mode. Since all my needs to solve have been solved
> >> that way I have never tried any graphical interface.
> >>
> >> I was wondering if you can tell suggest me based on yoru experience
> >> on what path to follow? KDE? any other?
> >>
> >> I would like to test what you suggest is the best for you and if
> >> possible that it is not TOO complicated to setup. The idea is to use
> >> it as my desktop plattfor (documents, browser, email, etc)
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance
> >>
> >> Jorge Biquez

d.org"

> > After trying a few different WMs, I settled on xmonad. =A0It's minimali=
st
> > -- meaning it stays out of your way. =A0It's also highly configurable, =
in
> > Haskell. =A0It's lightweight and fast. =A0It's a developer's WM.
> >
>=20
> If you like xmonad, check out scrotwm. It's inspired by xmonad,
> lightweight, written in C by oBSD dev, actively maintained, and
> vim-like (among other things ;-).
rg"

scrotwm does look interesting -- I read through the man page, but
couldn't find a way to specify that certain windows should be moved by
default to specific workspaces.  Can that be done?

--=20
Sterling (Chip) Camden    | sterling@camdensoftware.com | 2048D/3A978E4F
http://camdensoftware.com | http://chipstips.com        | http://chipsquips=
.com