Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2000 20:32:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        Don@Silver-Lynx.com
Cc:        jswarner@uswest.net, chrisc@vmunix.com, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [dn-editors] I have a story..

> It's a general rule in writing, Joe, it's not something that's new to
> Chris or DaemonNews or to web publishing. Do that to any commercial or
> trade publisher and you'll never see print. It's Just The Way It Is.

The exceptions to this rule are so rare as to be explicitly marked as
"Accepts Simultaneous Submissions" in market listings.

To the best of my knowledge, no tech publisher accepts simultaneous
submissions.  Sorry, Joe, this one isn't a FreeBSD limitation, it's a
publishing one.

Yes, publishing guidelines suck.  There are entire newsgroups
dedicated to discussing exactly how.  :)

==ml